Board Meeting Minutes Template
Being tasked with taking minutes for your board is a big responsibility. Whether you’re new to minute taking, or a seasoned minute taker who wants to streamline the process, BoardPro’s guide and template will steer you in the right direction. While it can seem intimidating, there is good reason for taking detailed minutes.
Our detailed PDF guide explores why you should care about the quality of your minutes (spoiler alert, they are very important).
- To be legally compliant
- To demonstrate the integrity of process
- To protect organisational and director reputation
- As a basis for decision evaluation and review
- To clarify responsibility and track actions
- To facilitate due diligence
- As a record of an organisation’s history
To support the guide, we’ve also created a straightforward, editable template for sleek and easy to read minutes.
So, what should your minutes include?
- First, start with the basics: meeting title, date and time, venue, and participation.
- Number your sections and subsections with a ‘nested’ numbering system to make them easier to read.
- Make sure you add your actions to a master action list, and any new interests to a master interest register.
BoardPro’s template and guide will help set you up for success, however experienced you are with minute taking. Download them today!